Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional InformationAntenatal care is provided by the doctors during normal surgery hours.
- Additional InformationComprehensive advice is available from the doctors during normal surgery consultations. The "morning after" pill can be prescribed when appropriate. You need to seek advice within 72 hours.
Child Health Surveillance
- Additional InformationThe eight week and pre-school checks are carried out by doctors. Other checks are carried out by the health visitor. Appointments for these should be made at the surgery.
- Additional InformationIf a minor surgery procedure is deemed suitable, arrangements for this will be made at the surgery. An appointment can be arranged following assessment by a doctor.
- Additional InformationAll women aged between 25 and 65 years old are advised to have a cevical smear at least every 3 to 5 years.
The practice nurse takes most smears by appointment at scheduled Treatment Room sessions. Please tell the receptionist the reason for your appointment so that she can allocate the appropriate time.
- Additional InformationA comprehensive programme is organised each year. All those in 'at-risk' groups are invited to make an appointment to have their 'flu vaccine.
Foreign Travel And Advice
- Additional InformationThis is no longer provided here. However, travel clinics do operate at the Kerrsland Surgery on Upper Newtownards Road (Tel: 9065 7138) or the Queens University Clinic (Tel: 9097 5551).
Specialist Disease Management Clinics
- Additional InformationPatients who have a chronic ongoing condition e.g. diabetes, asthma or COPD may be asked to attend specially run clinics where we concentrate on that condition.
- Opening TimesTuesday & Wednesday mornings. Some Wednesday afternoons.*
- Additional Information*Held on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Wednesday of each month.
These clinics are run by Practice Nurse Valerie Waugh in conjunction with the doctors, by appointment only.
- Additional InformationThis is available whenever the treatment room is open. Click here to see the schedule.
- Opening TimesMonday & Tuesday mornings.
- Additional InformationThese clinics are run by Practice Nurse Judy Cunningham in conjunction with the doctors, by appointment only.
- Additional InformationIf you would like a general health assessment for blood pressure, weight management, help to stop smoking etc, you can make an appointment with one of the practice nurses. They will give you help, support and information on ways to improve your health.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 028 9046 7630.